Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Love 2 Chat

Sarah Koutz called me while I was in class last night. I knew that either mean it's time for coffee somewhere or she just needed to chat for a while. Sarah is great - I'm so glad we were introduced to each other. But last night she wanted some help putting some things together for DC & the fellas - - - a road trip "grab bag" if you will...*

I got to her apartment, and that's when all the chatter started* Her and I love to talk, so when you get us together there's never a break in conversation. Check out her blog for the top 10 list, but as for my list...well there's only one thing....




Yes folks, it's the Friendship Boat & Marriage Submarine - By the looks of this nice diagram you can tell she's a teacher...and I love it! Our chats always seem to hit every area of life - the good/bad/ugly/secrets/concerns - It's great to have a friendship with someone that you know is safe : Safe to voice issues, bring up ideas, work through problems, and even chat about things that we usually just run away from because it's easier to run than work through what's really going on (even if it's something simple).

I hold much respect for Sarah : her stories are fascinating - and she's always bringing up points that make me stop and think. We both look at most situations in a different light, so it's nice to hear her point of view on things that I haven't really given much time to. I learned last night that there are issues in my life that I need to work on and talk through with the right people.


If I came up with a piece of advice for people...this is what I got (and it's not easy) -
When you hit a rough patch and everything seems to be crumbling away - - walk through that desert. Don't just pass it by with the mentality of "these things always happen to me, I'm use to it by now so I might as well just move on." Know that it's okay to chat through your problems with someone - it puts a strong fire in my heart to know that there are people out there that instead of fighting through the tough stuff, they let it eat away at them ..... C'mon! Stand up for yourself and realize that what you're going through is crappy and the only way to get out of the dirty, nasty, smelly stage in your life is to FIGHT!

***In the end, Sarah and I didn't work on anything. We chatted the entire 3.5hrs I was there...* It was safe to say that we both were in need of a good friend night*

3 comments:

Corey Mann said...

Went you hit a rough patch and everything seems to be crumbling away - - walk through that desert. Don't just pass it by with the mentality of "these things always happen to me, I'm use to it by now so I might as well just move on."

Don't knock it till you live it.

Hannah B said...

hmmm..i like the way you think. you are great!!

-HB

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm having a hard time containing my laughter since I'm in a public place. We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine. I hope my face matched my thoughts when you started singing that. I LOVED IT!!! I've decided anytime I hang out with you I'm calling it "good friend time."

Thanks for making me look smart in this post. I have to credit my buddy Emily for the illustration though.

Last night, I pulled out my notes about living in the desert/wilderness and was reminded of some awesome passages. You are right it is never easy but always worth it.

And just to make this comment even longer, do you want a copy of the verse I settled on for the guys? I'm going to pray through them while they are gone.