Thursday, March 6, 2008

Taking Care of Business

Yesterday was quite the adventure*

I started off getting to work a little late - sleep was priority, plain and simple. As I'm walking to my desk everyone looks up at me - - "We've got some problems." I knew my dad and uncle weren't going to be around .... so I took it upon myself to figure out some issues. (But of course calling Don for some help here and there) It's tough to do your job when the computer won't let you log in - or when you're not able to run the correct program. We are also training someone, so that's going to take some time as well. *But might I add she's amazing! Not afraid to ask questions, and understands things quickly. I don't see myself as a good teacher - but apparently I'm not too shabby =) I also had a meeting with some people about Outre fabric samples - it felt good to get more involved with everything, for the 1st time I actually felt that I worked there for a reason - and people were coming to me with questions.
I ended up leaving work around 4 - I knew I had to stop somewhere and fill my tire up with air...problem was I only had $.25 on me...OUCH* and FYI : air costs $.50 these days. I found some extra change in my car and finally got the job done. *or so I thought* Jumped back into my car to realize the pressure didn't go up at all...weird. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I certainly know how to pump air into a tire....to make myself feel better I decided to hit up some professionals.
Goshen was my next stop - they found the problem but they weren't prepared to fix it (I knew that wasn't a good sign) - they also saw that my rim was cracked/bent (totally ticked!) Sorge then sent me to Goodyear - - and they ended up putting my spare tire on. And let me tell you...my car looks real sweet...chrome rims all around...except when you get to the front passenger wheel.
I left Goodyear - - ...and called Zolman Tire. I'm sorry, I'm a girl and I like to make certain everything is perfect before I drive a million miles on this wheel.


The cost of the day :
$1.00 for air (that didn't work)
120 miles of driving (not everyone lives 5-10 miles from their job)
$290 for a new rim....(surprise expenses suck!)


So my Wednesday started out okay - was 1 lonely Reynolds at work - met some nice mechanics and had some "surprise expenses"


...all in all...yesterday made me feel like a real adult for once* Taking care of issues by myself...rock on =)

1 comment:

Angie Aquila said...

I hate everything that has to do with car repair - escpecially the prices.