Friday, October 31, 2008

NewSpring Week 2

"A Wife Worth Finding" (hey guys....yes boys....go watch this - I even linked it for you*)



When hearing the title I was a bit confused as to how this would apply to me, being that I'm not married. Again, I was pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong. My notes during this session are a bit random and kind of hard to read - I hope you're able to follow them. While most of this was yes, focused primarily on married women, Perry did have quite a few points to make toward us single ladies.

Last week was all about understanding the fact that the King is enthralled by your beauty. Some girls think that if the King is indeed enthralled by my beauty, why haven't people picked up on it yet. The biggest barrier for other people seeing the beauty in YOU is YOU. You've gotta be aware that what you say, how you act, your character - - - allows people to see you in a specific light.

Here's the thing, maybe Jesus wants to bring those insecurities to the surface (you know, the things we feel make us "not beautiful") not to punish us, but to refine us so that others can see the true beauty in us.

Proverbs 31:10 - A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
(strive to be a woman of character!)

Perry threw in several things about guys - but mainly voiced that guys just need to grow up and grow a pair =) Which I believe is so true! - - if you are interested in a girl, ask her out. The worst thing that could happen is that she'll say no, but who cares!? Be a man and just ask her out, because in all honesty - - she probably wants you to.
(........moving on...........)

Perry broke down "wife" into 4 things
W - Words (how do you use your words?)
I - Intentionality (are you intentional about placing his needs as a priority)
F - Forgiveness (do you hold pass mistakes against him?)
E - Expectations (are you expecting God to do things in everyone else, but won't allow Him to get those things through you?)

What it all boils down to is character. Asking God to make you a woman of character is key - not asking him to bring to you a perfect man (...not gonna happen!)

Pray for character

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Yes, I'm linking to this post on my blog as well. I'm so glad that you summarize these messages. I should but I haven't. Coffee this week is a must!!!!