Tuesday, February 10, 2009

...a day in my shoes CONTINUED....

okay part two has now arrived =) sorry for the delay, but today has been crazy insane. (and i've loved every stinkin' second of it) and sadly this post is even more random than the last, so if the 1st was a little nuts for ya - - STOP HERE.

after flying my way over to Starbucks, literally flying - - - I walked in to see my two wonderful friends waiting for me. That's not all though, I ran into TWO MORE awesome girls *Brit and Steph Mo, it was great. After getting my tea (yes there was no second coffee for this girl, I was wired already), Skoutz, Ditto and I sat down to reflect on our lives and to also figure out what this meeting was going to consist of. I'm pretty sure the conversation was random for the first hour or so, but don't worry we got down to business...eventually. It was great, I love Nicole and it's been absolutely incredible to see her growth over the last year and a half - when Skoutz asked me about meeting with her on a regular basis I was all for it. The friendship I have with Nicole is quite possibly the strongest I've encountered at GCC and for that I am so thankful. She's several years younger than me, but boy is she wise - - her heart is so so so big for Jesus and she inspires me more than she knows.

Enough of the gushy stuff, our meeting went fantastic. We will be checking out the book of Romans, and of course journaling along the way. (fyi, we are trying to figure out a name for our Bible Study...so if you have any ideas shoot 'em my way) Our "gathering" was full of hilarious tidbits, most of them coming from "the sponge" (that's me). You see I'm "the sponge" because I was never really SUPPOSE to join this lovely group, it was more for Skoutz and Ditto...but I like to think of myself as the "buffer"....but "the sponge" works too. I'm game for whatever, I love to learn - and when I get the chance to listen in and learn from the people that inspire me and walk with me through this journey....SIGN ME UP.

After our lovely chat, it was time to head home and throw on the workout gear. As much as I've detested this whole workout crap I've been putting myself through - - I've finally...(I can't believe I'm going to say this)....I've finally done it long enough that it's becoming a habit. (whew...that was tough) I've decided it's a way for me to just clear my mind and process things I wouldn't normally think about....I love that. So now I'm home, and I have to clean up and then study my little heart out for a few hours and then finally get some rest.

I hope you've enjoyed this random story of my day. But there are a few things I need to share with you before I sign out....

Allison's Tidbits of Knowledge (given to me by friends...cuz I can't come up with this stuff alone)
1) "With practice comes perfection" - Rick (okay, so I disagree with the "perfection" cuz nothing is ever going to be perfect. But I'll give it to ya anyways...perhaps "With practice comes a better understanding...." just throwin' that out there)
2) "You're never too old for anything...age is simply a state of mind" - Rick (yeah okay, I'll agree with ya on that one...to some extent - - - sometimes you are TOO old for things...but you understand what he means by that.)
3) "Honestly, you'll always be more successful if you have a plan." - Miss Sarah Koutz (yes folks, write that down. She's exactly right)

Oh friends, it's been a good day.
Love you, Take care
and remember - - - ISS is never a good place for anyone (that's In School Suspension in case you were clueless)

bye*

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

This post seems so old since we've had so many deep conversations since this night. When did we become deep thinkers?

ISS --> NO GOOD!