Sunday, February 22, 2009

This girl - rocks.

Hello everyone, meet Nicole. I never thought I would meet someone that would kick me out my shell as much as this girl. She's the complete opposite of me and it's wonderful! I met her 2 years ago, she was part of my small group for a missions trip to Mexico - we've been connected at the hip ever since. One night in MX we sat on the swing set and just talked, it wasn't intended to get real deep - but as we kept talking it was amazing how much I saw a lot of myself in this girl when I was her age. The obstacles and triumphs were adding up, and to know that I could mentor and hang out with this girl made me feel so great. When I was her age, that's the one thing I didn't really have - I had peers, yes, but just a safe place to spew my thoughts was different. Nicole is my buddy, we're nuts when we're together - and it's fabulous. We laugh at the dumbest things, but it's okay. She reminds me that it's perfectly fine to act silly and not so grown up, living in the moment is something Nicole does really well - she's a high school girl - and she inspires me. I love it and her. Ox and Rhino for life =)


3 comments:

Heather Stevens said...

i LOVEEE nicole ditto! she's AMAZING!
andddd..i LOVEEE allison reynolds!!
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOMEEE!!
<3

Anonymous said...

Thanks for investing so much of yourself in her life!! We are truly blessed to have such an awesome daughter and those that have such an impact on her life.
Liz Ditto

Anonymous said...

I gave you an award. Check out my blog!