Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A letter to you...

Ah yes, a letter to the one thing that has been consuming my entire social life...

Dear School,

First off, I'm annoyed with how much time you need from me. I wish your math problems would take me 5 seconds instead of 10 minutes apiece. Along with the whole math issue, I don't like the way it makes me feel. I get angry when I open that book and look at the objectives, I end up using words that I shouldn't. So thanks for that! I'm so thrilled to be learning something that I will NEVER use again as long as I live.

Second, I want to thank you for putting an individual in my life that I have learned so much from. I'm not talking about a professor either (fooled ya!). Although one teacher is great, the other is a waste of time and could easily take millions of sick days and no one would notice their absence of teaching. This wonderful individual I noted at the beginning is a dear friend, she's been helping me out with all those 10 minute math equations that suck....her name is Sarah. She's wonderful - and with her LOVE of your dumb subject, she's been able to sit me down and help me focus on the numbers and letters that equal a class I have to take (not one that I want to take). She's what I like to call a LIFESAVER!* I just hope she's around next fall when I am consumed by your loveliness for the 2nd time.

Thirdly, I bring you the greatness of what you are. It's extremely helpful to me when you reward me for my excellence. Oh yes, I'm thanking you for typing my name out on that little list of yours. The Dean's List. When I get rewarded for being good at something I dislike....it makes me try harder. Perhaps it's my competitive side showing, I don't want something that irritates me to win at anything.

Well that's all I got for this semester. Except that summer is approaching and for 3 long months I will be placing you at the very depths of my mind.

Eager Student Wanting Summer,

Allison

3 comments:

Heather Stevens said...

hahahahahah allison i love you:)
i agree. math is gay. and pointless. COMPLETELY pointless....when are we EVER going to use it...except on our final exams at the end of the year? umm yeahhh

andddd i loveee sarah too:) haha is she good at math! wooohooo!! maybe ill ask her for some help..because i am pretty much sucking it up right now....blahhhh! =P haha
WOOO summer! cant wait :)

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I will refrain from going into my lecture about how often you will use math in your life.

LOVE math.
LOVE this post.
LOVE this blog. (Don't delete it!!!!)
LOVE that you are taking a risk this summer.
HATE that it involves you moving.
LOVE YOU!!!!

Heather Stevens said...

please sarah..i would like to hear that lecture..haha cuz i honestly dont know when i will ever use it!
i admire you for liking it so much:) haha im not kidding.