Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ALEX LLOYD


Race weekend has officially come and gone - - and that is fine by me! We had a great time getting things around for the 3 days of fun, but it sure does run ya down. It had been my first time back to the Indy Track after 15 years, and it was just like I remembered it...LOUD! My dad suggested earplugs, I suggested that you either go big or go home =) He smiled. As many of you know, I was cheering for my man in pink, Mr. Alex Lloyd. After a few times around the track, and starting in 11th position he took an early pit and ended up staying a lap or 2 behind for quite some time. Eric informed me that when a racer is shown the blue flag that meant they were behind a few laps and needed to step on the gas and hurry things along. You should have seen me, every time that blue flag was flown at Lloyd I made sure to scream my head off and say "C'mon Lloyder....keep it movin buddy!!" haha Everyone around me loved my shirt, and I was happy to support such a great driver. He did what he could, finishing in 13th, considering his wife was on the sidelines having contractions 10 minutes apart.

Now that the race is over, it's back to work - and back to a more concrete schedule. Things at the store are still rockin', Eric and I are doing what we can to get his website up and running. Our "GoLive" date is set for June 19th. I'm hoping we can make that happen, but a lot needs to be done between now and then.

No comments: