Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Almost like...27 Dresses

It all started a year ago, when one of my dear friends decided to tie the knot - it wasn't a bridesmaid dress she wanted me to wear, oh no - in fact it was a bit more nerve racking than that. She wanted me to make her beautiful for the big day, along with several of her bridesmaids. Makeup has always been a hidden love of mine, even though I stick to the same 'ole shades and colors. It was a great experience, and who knew that it would come in handy for the rest of my summer....my summer of wedding bliss*

Lets see, there were two great friends, one awesome cousin, and an even more incredible mom. Two speeches, four rehearsal dinners....and shall I mention four incredibly fun receptions. Getting all dolled up, no matter how much of a tom-boy/natural you think you are, is always glamorous. From the hair to the nails, and the makeup to the walking down the aisle...all of which are kind of a big deal =)

It was fun to see the dress choices of each wedding, from girlie to classy - I'm pretty sure I was seen in every style one could imagine. I loved it! Not to mention, each dress added a bit more excitement to my dress wardrobe - which is saying a whole heck of a lot...considering my closet is full of jeans and t-shirts.

I mentioned the 2 speeches, talk about sweaty palms for sure! I even found myself jumping up and down at my best friends wedding just to calm the nerves. Sad to say...that didn't work. I was a blubbering mess at my mom's wedding, but then again...Eric cried too -- he's such a man. Tears of joy, of course! I'm happy to say everyone exchanged their vows, and there are 4 more amazing married couples in this world.


....Did I mention the other 3 weddings I attended...along with those 4 I was in!?

wouldn't have changed it for anything! (now...this summer...we are at 4 weddings and counting...keep 'em comin')



1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

No fear friend. You don't have to worry about adding my wedding into your schedule this summer. Ha!